Oak Academy has a zero tolerance on any form of bullying. We actively work together with our community to ensure that everyone feels safe, comfortable and confident to develop their skills and be the best version of themselves.
Our School Council want:
- To raise the profile of bullying and the effect it has on the lives of children and young people
- To create a climate in which everyone agrees that bullying is unacceptable
- To make sure that teachers, youth practitioners, parents, carers, children and young people have the skills and knowledge to address bullying effectively.
To make sure we are united against bullying we have set values
- believes bullying in any form is wrong and should not be tolerated, and that any environment that encourages bullying, or shows indifference to prejudice and discrimination is unacceptable;
- believes bullying is a behaviour choice and that anyone can be encouraged to change their behaviour;
- believes all children and young people have intrinsic value and worth and we embrace their uniqueness and autonomy;
- respects difference and welcome diversity in our children, young people and in society in general, and believe our work should be inclusive of all;
- believes children and young people should have the right to feel safe, secure and valued, and that creating a safe environment and dealing with bullying is our shared responsibility;
- believes children and young people should actively participate in decisions that affect them and should be supported in taking responsibility for their choices and subsequent actions
- believes that people should be treated with respect and courtesy.
Please following the link below for parent/Carer information: