** Following a period of consultation over falling pupil numbers and with no immediate prospect of an increase in the projected intake for future years, it has been regrettably agreed that 2018-19 will be the final Year of Sixth Form provision at Oak Academy. The Sixth Form, therefore, will close at the end of the 2018-19 Academic Year and no future applications can be accepted.**
We foster a genuine community spirit and a family atmosphere through dedicated spaces and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and support. Through a personalised and supportive approach to the curriculum, we aim to develop students into well rounded and ambitious members of our community who are successful at university, apprenticeships or in the world of work.
We offer a range of experiences and knowledge that will enables students to engage with all sections of society academically, intellectually and socially.
We are inclusive and will give you every opportunity to achieve the best results that you can.
At Oak Academy, we believe that Sixth Form students should:
- Become independent learners able to fulfil their potential.
- Develop as people taking advantage of the leadership opportunities offered; such as applying to be a member of the Junior Leadership Team or applying to become Head boy or Head girl or taking on a role as a student ambassador.
- Understand the value of integrity.
- Make positive contribution to the local and wider community.
- Be rewarded for their hard work and commitment.
We expect our Sixth Formers to:
- Work hard to achieve their best.
- Commit to 100% attendance at school, every day.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate way.
If you join Oak Academy Sixth Form, we will:
- Provide you with a course of study to match your ability and aspirations.
- Provide you with a high-quality teaching and learning environment which challenges you.
- Support you with any individual needs you may have.
Year 13 Curriculum
The table below shows the current Year 13 curriculum at Oak Academy Sixth Form
|Academic – A-Levels||Vocational – Level 3 Qualifications|
|English Literature and Language||Level 3 BTEC Science|
|Maths||Level 3 BTEC Sport|
|History||Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical|
|Biology||Level 3 CACHE|
At Oak Academy Sixth Form, you will have a tutor and a very experienced team of KS5 subject teachers to guide, support and challenge you. You will receive academic mentoring from your tutor who will discuss your half termly progress report with you. If your progress falls below expectations, then individual intervention will be put into place. There are a range of interventions from extra 1:1 input or small group lessons to a guided independent programme of study.
Planning for your future
At Oak Academy Sixth Form, you will receive help and support to prepare for your future. Through the enrichment programme, you will have an opportunity to visit universities, prepare your personal statement for university, learn about apprenticeships, attend careers fayres and throughout the two years you may meet with our Careers advisor as many times as you need.